Sep 21, 2010

STYLE DOES NOT EQUAL FART

These are the final prints I made in my Experimental Printmaking Processes class this week. I chose to address the importance of style in contemporary graphic design in discussion with the Modernist/ International style. I fixated on Sagmeister's statement that Style=Fart and decided to change that expression into one that celebrates style instead.

I experimented with screen printing with different types of stencils and letting the ink flow where it may without any stencils. I also layered in some spray paint to add some bright color and texture. I burned all the typographic elements on a screen and printed them so that they had a hard edge and were more graphic than the other elements on the page. Interesting results, however I think I was successful in expressing my ideas about style.









1 comment: